August Primate

The August Primate Universe is an experimental interconnected world for new characters of the Public Domain. The main objective is to build a living breathing fictional universe that absolutely anyone can use and add to, at no cost whatsoever.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Imago.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SimianAngel
Admin

Number of posts : 116
Personage : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: The Imago.   Tue May 19, 2009 4:31 pm

40 years after Dr. Steven Mallory failed in his attempt to use the Metamorphosis Trigger on a human subject, he picked up the project again. He felt that the advances that science had made up to that point in the 1980's would simplify the process and ensure success. He was correct, but at a price.
His failure had unleashed the scourge of zombies on the world 40 years earlier, but his success would create a much more terrifying monster.
Dr. Mallory chose one of his "Foundation Children" (Note: Mallory's 'Foundation' is a long term eugenics experiment. In the experiment, Dr. Mallory secretly manipulates a set of bloodlines over the course of generations, controlling their breeding towards his own ends).
The subject, Branden Bohr, was 23 when Dr. Mallory kidnapped him and prepped him for the Metamorphosis Trigger. He was declared legally dead before he even entered the pupal stage of the metamorphosis.
For months, Dr. Mallory would check on his subject in his cocoon, pumping appropriate hormones and chemicals in to maintain the process. During one of his visits, the pupa began to open. This was over a month early, by the Doctor's calculations, and he was not prepared with the tranquilizers.
Branden emerged, wholly changed.
He had grown to almost seven feet tall, with white hair, and an unnaturally altered muscular structure. He assumed a sort of idealized form, with many more muscles and muscle groups than an ordinary human (Branden's muscles number somewhere around 1100, compared to a human's approximate 650-800). Humans also normally have 3 different types of muscle fibers, Branden has seven. His bone structure was also altered in more subtle ways, though none of these changes were known to Branden or to Dr. Mallory at the time.
What was known was how easily Branden tore through the laboratory walls and escaped. Dr. Mallory hid during the escape, and then quickly destroyed all evidence of the experiment.
Branden escaped only to find that his life on the outside was over, and he was unrecognizable to the outside world. He spent several years seeking out Dr. Mallory, never catching up with him, but uncovering a lot of other information about the Metamorphosis Trigger and the Foundation.
He also spent these years using his newfound power as a protector under the name 'Imago'. He fought against a family of Seeders that had been on the breed, a zombie outbreak, an attempted suicide bombing, and several uncovered machinations of Dr. Mallory. Imago was widely regarded as a hero, and blossomed in this role.
He eventually teamed with several other adventurers, The 96 (who actually numbered only 5), who were in search of the infamous Gentleman Doctor. Though they proved unsuccessful in that quest, the team that now included Imago remained together until the late 90's.
During this time, Imago's skin had begun calcifying, growing whiter and stiffer. Without realizing what was happening to him, he moulted from this skin, and began a series of instars, growing in strength every time.
His strength magnified, along with his speed, reflexes, durability, and even intelligence. Each moult also healed any injuries that Imago may have sustained.
His power continued to grow, and he grew more and more distant.
Imago was taking off more and more on his own, in search of Dr. Mallory, and afraid of what he was becoming. His quest was less and less about stopping Mallory at this point, and more about finding some way to stabilize himself and his mental state.
The answer did not come in time.
While tearing apart one of Mallory's labs in a rage, The 96 attempted to stop Imago, but founding team member Hypertroph was killed in the tantrum. This was enough to shock Imago back to reality, but he snapped back as a much colder man. He took off, and left The 96 to tend to their fallen.
Imago had gone through several more instars by the time The 96 found him again. His skin held less and less color every time, his eyes had gone as white as his hair, and he had sprouted short white horns on his forehead.
His attitude had also changed immensely. He had given up his heroic role and began using his power to amass a fortune for himself. He wore all-white three piece suits and had grown quite coldly intelligent.
He slaughtered The 96 without a moment of hesitation.

MORE TO COME IN THE FUTURE. EH. I LIKED THIS GUY IN MY HEAD, BUT I WROTE THIS LIKE A HACK. I'VE BEEN BLOCKED A BIT LATELY AND IT SHOWS. WHATEVER. THAT'S THE IDEA OF THE SITE, I GUESS, I (AND OTHERS I HOPE) CAN ALWAYS REVISE THIS AND FLESH IT OUT LATER.

The Imago.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
August Primate :: August Primate Universe :: Characters by Genre :: Super-Hero / Villain-
Jump to: