August Primate

The August Primate Universe is an experimental interconnected world for new characters of the Public Domain. The main objective is to build a living breathing fictional universe that absolutely anyone can use and add to, at no cost whatsoever.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Professor Camille Houghton

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kristen
Private

Number of posts : 20
Personage : 6
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Professor Camille Houghton   Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:32 pm

not a detective, but consults on many crime cases in the early 20th century.
Tall, thin, brunette. Not always taking seriously at first because of the time period.
Has a photographic memory and a knack for solving puzzles. Critical thinker. Mary Poppins-esque in demeanor.

Orphaned at age fourteen, Camille spent a short period of time in a Catholic orphanage, before breaking out to live on her own.
She cleaned homes, shined shoes and served tea to support herself, and in 1895 was admitted to New York University.
In 1902, Camille was just finishing her law degree when she was approached with an interesting opportunity to consult with the NYPD. A detective had been following this woman who had gained much notoriety in the academic field. After consulting on a serial murder case, Camille returned to school and earned her Masters in Criminology. Now a popular professor at the university, Camille is often called upon to help the detectives because of her astute observations of the criminal psyche.

I hope you like her, she is a intelligent & strong-willed woman in the early 1900s! Do with her what you want... I believe I am the first post on this forum, so I hope I got this right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SimianAngel
Admin

Number of posts : 116
Personage : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Professor Camille Houghton   Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:40 am

Good example!
Yeah, you got it right. I meant to get around to posting a few examples by now, but I'm my mother's son.
A brief synopsis is perfect to start, and hopefully more and more will be added over time as the characters are refined and fleshed out; and ultimately, used in stories.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1